Re: $PAGER, man vs info - was: Re: zsh-lovers

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Paul Lew wrote:

   Atom>> export PAGER=most

In what respect? I have not used 'most' since VMS days, and I just tried the latest 4.10.2 and it still does not have search highlight which I depend on.
====================

it's GPL... you can fix that ;)

on top of ~my~ list of why it's so great is that text searches are case insensitive by default; and it's very highly configurable with a ~/.mostrc file. you can configure it so the <HOME> and <END> buttons do something intuitive.

on top of ~my~ list of bugs are the missing search highlight, as you mention; that searching hangs on bold text (have to hit the "n" key twice to move from bold text); and the percentage meter seems flaky on large amounts of data.

--
        ...atom

 http://atom.smasher.org/
 762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

	"If Jesus had been killed 20 years ago, Catholic school
	 children would be wearing little electric chairs around
	 their necks instead of crosses"
		-- Lenny Bruce