Completion problems on cygwin when nocaseglob is set

I've just installed Vista and upgraded to zsh version 4.3.4 (from
cygwin).

If I `zsh -f', and then:
  $ setopt nocaseglob
  $ ls c:/<TAB>	# works - files in c:/ are listed

If I then:
  $ autoload -U compinit
  $ compinit
  $ ls c:/<TAB>   # fails - Windows beeps and no files are listed

If I then:
  $ setopt caseglob
  $ ls c:/<TAB>   # works again - files in c:/ are listed

This all used to work fine on my previous system - I can't recall the
zsh version although it was running on Win2K3.

I'd prefer to use nocaseglob. What would be the effect of removing the
call to compinit from my .zshrc? Interestingly, calling compinit doesn't
create a .zcompdump file, as the man-page suggests it should...

Thanks,

    --- John.