Re: Completion problems on cygwin when nocaseglob is set

Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 04:57:08PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > OK, I've found the underlying problem.  The cause is as discussed---"c"
> > doesn't appear in the directory listing for "/", which still strikes me as
> > a bug.
>
> Perhaps you didn't mkdir /c before using the mount command?

We didn't (at least, John didn't), and shouldn't need to; that's the
bug.  The cygdrive directory should automatically put the files into a
listing via readdir() whenever they're visible by a direct opendir().

> e.g., see this thread:
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-07/msg01188.html

Yes, that seems to be the same conclusion as us:  "mount -c /" fails in
that way and no one really knows why.

pws