Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Persistent history not working
- X-seq: zsh-users 12470
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Persistent history not working
- Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:12:39 -0000
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <fmspqv$9l2$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20080119122344.GA10084@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <fmt1pl$2cp$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20080119203724.GC10084@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: news <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Frank Terbeck (Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:37:24 +0100)
> Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > * Frank Terbeck (Sat, 19 Jan 2008 13:23:45 +0100)
> > > Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > > > I have one Windows 2003 R2 SP1 Terminal Server running zsh under
> > > > Cygwin (all latest versions). It uses the same .zshrc as all my
> > > > other installation but for some reason history is not saved across
> > > > sessions.
> I didn't quite get this, when I first read your mail, sorry. Does this
> mean, history saving does work for you on other operating systems?
> > > > This is what I tried: deleted all zsh config files and set manually
> > > > "HISTFILE=~/.zsh_history". No success.
> > > [...]
> > > > What else could I do or try to find the reason for this behaviour?
> > >
> > > Before looking any further, could you check if this FAQ entry helps?
> > > <http://zsh.sunsite.dk/FAQ/zshfaq03.html#l38>
> > Yeah, I did that. As far as I remember HISTSIZE and HISTFILE have
> > defaults so they don't need to be set manually. But I definitely set
> > them in my .zshrc.
> As for the default values:
> % zsh -fc 'print -$SAVEHIST- -$HISTSIZE- -$HISTFILE-'
> -0- -30- --
> If you set HISTFILE and HISTSIZE, that's fine (and for HISTFILE it's
> even required); As you can see however, $SAVEHIST is 0 by default,
> which means, nothing will be saved.
I set these values in my .zshrc. But when I started zsh without .zshrc
(to rule out config file issues) I only set $HISTFILE. So I will
repeat my test on Monday with the three history settings to see if it
makes a difference.
Messages sorted by: