Re: feature idea: customizable string in history file

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 03:28:25PM +0100, Andy Spiegl wrote:
> I'd like to write the content of this variable to each line of the
> history file so that we can later retrace who did what.

One simple way to do that would be to modify the writing of the extended
history in savehistfile() (see Src/hist.c).  If you add the name at the
end, like this:

    ... fprintf(out, ": %ld:%ld:%s;", ...

The parsing code won't care about the extra characters since it just
skips to the ';' after parsing the first 2 items.

..wayne..