Re: Getting back a command after hitting CTRL-C

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 14:12, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Bind kill-whole-line to some key and press that instead of ctrl-c, then
>> you can get it back with a yank. If you have a hard time not pressing ctrl-c,
>> try:
>> trap true SIGINT
>
> 5 minutes with the trap show I can't cope with that enabled :p
> Unfortunately, binding kill-whole-line to ^c does not work, so that is not
> an option either.

Well, that is the idea, every time it annoys you, you remember to use
the other keybinding instead :). You can of course change the interrupt
key with stty, but then you won't be able to interrupt actual commands with
ctrl-c anymore.

--
Mikael Magnusson