Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Why does extended_history timestamp commands that are not under its 'control'?
- X-seq: zsh-users 13071
- From: "Richard Hartmann" <richih.mailinglist@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: "Peter Stephenson" <pws@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Why does extended_history timestamp commands that are not under its 'control'?
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:28:21 +0200
- Cc: "Zsh users list" <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=nFxJZHkBBKjrOy5YJSkw21i+7iajeuE4agPW0NFMhIs=; b=AUQ+9FwZEZHSO5fV1YoNYrqDgcWkbIf72TUARKjXILPcHghLlHqZ/JLEMLQqYPE4XW lbAmMZvCyZGZAQljK4gNP5g64vJs5tJo0x25cGioAyq53FyvMtGYk8NcFqJfwU/r4N8R Q7pJ0TeYAPw/+u3ap2jjCmtnyIxLcCpHY3xQk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=r0h3eEcghG0z8Sy3I9kZ1uLjmapwn6OsPS/5n1DYfzKo95cY1sk2BrKgXBn10OMV1e 1udn46lLbsGBFh0rGg049TrkrI1/Ev4UlKYhTFLE9MAmBupNGrMV8F4F9169d5ZPKIIh YjxHcBLHgmSwkhYJ5xPN5LTARlYhjZTU7topo=
- In-reply-to: <200807281136.m6SBasRF028699@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <2d460de70807280429u1ac6e0e1v68e5f81f5a7a753@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200807281136.m6SBasRF028699@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 13:36, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Not storing" and "not touching" the information are different things:
> if it's not touched when written, it's simply stored as gibberish. It
> sounds like what you're asking for is an extra flag or a slightly
> different variant of the format.
Well, not quite a new format. Just a way to make ZSH not pretend
to have information it can not possibly possess.
As I said, I can see situations where this might be a good thing,
but for me, it is a bad one :)
Messages sorted by: