Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: rfc patch, abort rm instead of only removing the * from the cmdline
- X-seq: zsh-users 13146
- From: "Mikael Magnusson" <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: "Richard Hartmann" <richih.mailinglist@xxxxxxxxx>, zsh-users <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: rfc patch, abort rm instead of only removing the * from the cmdline
- Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 22:58:19 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=Q5TqumdmieFTtOrZmcik790xi8yKv709EOMOjhtnYGE=; b=TJAPYcZPTAypJebwJmhqasHmzPxiaJMImuEnlWOOJJGCTh0Csm/GI0J+L9ZePWLq3g hdRHRAw1LCfAU+BpqGtEo8RUUY8RsSdxzfkiBsxb80+8R9ZHDVM9uFrCSmSgH8NGp6W+ +bQqPG6KBAFF87yvLuaNkygL/ov+zIg3/VBao=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=fP0fXVNEV/NZxXxDLVFtfB+AnqZ1sDx0797UCJ4TwS4+MKTPuUe0bg1C0FavwsCC/g zNFRolxN5t7PA44yJJHl1DcEfWIFrX4Gta4JJvYs9Nm5x+88J3uAbYx9YitZD95FE+6H 0Yu/djUanQxh70HxrskhuwevXa7VehDqif/8M=
- In-reply-to: <20080816205209.GA5176@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <237967ef0808151649j1d14ce23s1acad02da98fdfdf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <2d460de70808160858p5312805dlf1c9976a9b702a51@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <237967ef0808160902p4dbc6d73w6620f6c69471ea20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20080816205209.GA5176@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2008/8/16 Stephane Chazelas <Stephane_Chazelas@xxxxxxxx>:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 06:02:13PM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>> Maybe it was unclear from the context I gave, but I'm talking about this prompt:
>> % rm *
>> zsh: sure you want to delete all the files in /tmp/a [yn]?
>> Answering no to this prompt, I would expect the command to not be run,
>> but it is, with the * removed.
> With what version of zsh? I can't reproduce it here with the
> current one.
> % rm *
> zsh: sure you want to delete all the files in /tmp/a [yn]? n
> % rm
> rm: missing operand
> Try `rm --help' for more information.
> Am I missing something?
It looks like it does abort the command if the * is the _only_ argument...
I couldn't check easily as I already have the patch applied :).
% rm * --help
zsh: sure you want to delete all the files in /home/mikachu/a [yn]? n
Usage: rm [OPTION]... FILE...
Remove (unlink) the FILE(s).
Putting me in reply-to makes my client put me in the to: field when i
hit reply-to-all, seems counterproductive...
Messages sorted by: