Re: configure NIS test hangs on one of my OS X machines

With MacOS 10.4.11 in a setup not using YP/NIS/NIS+ I get:

% ypcat passwd.byname
No such map passwd.byname. Reason: Request arguments bad

Yeah, I get the same on my machines at work.

So since I doubt that 10.5 adds *more* NIS, I somewhat suspect that NIS
was configured on your system and times out when it can't talk to the
servers.

Maybe I messed with something and forgot (it is all downhill after 40).

Thanks.

Bill

-Phil