Re: reading a file into an array. mapfile? (f)?

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 6:50 AM, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
By the way, I'm happy to get partial patches which have been modified to
say something like "say something about X HERE", which helps me locate
where a change is necessary even if the text isn't complete.

Sorry. Will try to do better in the future.

...  You can do things
like "md5sum <<<$file_contents", but there's no real gain over using the
file.

The gain is consistency and accuracy in knowing that the checksum matches the data you have recorded for it. And that's the big reason that the text is saved and checksum'd in the first place. (And an important reason for Ruby's SCRIPT_LINES__).