making vi mode start at end of line

Hi,

while I generally love the vi mode (which more software should have), there is a minor quirk: when I recall a previous command line (by pressing the up arrow), the cursor is at the beginning rather than the end of the command line. As I mostly want to change commands from the end this means 3 extra keystrokes every time just to get there.

Is there a way I can change this, so that in vi mode the cursor is initially at the end of the recalled command line (as it is in emacs mode)?

greetings & thanks
Matthias

--

   Matthias Rampke