Re: making vi mode start at end of line

On Oct 7,  8:13pm, Matthias Rampke wrote:
}
} while I generally love the vi mode (which more software should have),
} there is a minor quirk: when I recall a previous command line (by
} pressing the up arrow), the cursor is at the beginning rather than the
} end of the command line.

You're seeing the difference between the "up-line-or-history" widget
and the "vi-up-line-or-history" widget (and similarly for "down-").
The vi- widgets move the cursor to the beginning of the line while
moving up and down, and the others move it to the end.

What's puzzling to me is that the *default* bindings for the history
motions are the other ones, even in the vi keymaps.  So in order for
you to have the behavior you're describing, you (or someone who put
bindings in your /etc/z* files) must have explicitly bound the arrow
keys to the vi widgets.