Re: bindkey vi esc / k - beginning of line hatred

> Frank Terbeck wrote:
>> Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>:

>>> This sounds like a bug, but I haven't heard of it before.
>>
>> If 'singlelinezle' is set, the user won't get that sort of feedback.
>
> Ah, now that might be possible --- this would make the shell look (a
> bit) more like ksh and you might naively think it was therefore useful
> to set.  But it isn't, it's just to get around terminal weirdness
> (e.g. a very small terminal); it's not designed as an alternative
> fully-functional mode.

Thanks very much, I tried: unsetopt singlelinezle

And I get the little question mark on the next line, I'm not used to it yet as I'm so used to 20 more years of ksh but
I think I can get used to seeing the little question mark on the next line ;-)

Thanks everyone who replied and have a GREAT weekend,

Jerry