Re: Completion and dircolors problem

* Bart Schaefer (Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:45:52 -0800)>
> On Nov 30,  2:25am, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> } Ah, right, I forgot. I have...
> }
> }     zstyle ':completion:*' list-colors ${(s.:.)LS_COLORS}
> }
> } ...in there and that is directly coming from the user guide[1].
>
> The value of LS_COLORS usually comes from some startup scripts that
> are in /etc/profile.d or another place loaded from /etc/profile.
> Is it possible that your system is configured to source /etc/profile
> even for zsh?  Perhaps some bash-ism in the script that assigns to
> LS_COLORS is running afoul of syntax differences?

That's me in .zshrc: "eval $(dircolors -b ~/.dir_colors)" - and that
works perfectly for "ls /bin" as well as "ls /bin/<TAB>". Only for links
it does not work and only if "LINK target" is configured in
~/.dir_colors. If I set "LINK 00;31" for instance, everything is fine.

Thorsten