Re: Getting the CVS revision of Zsh

"Richard Hartmann" wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering if there is any way to get the CVS revision number
> of the sources a particular incarnation of Zsh was built with.
> And yes, I am aware that distros apply patches, but it would still
> be useful :)

At the moment there isn't, but it would be possible to add the output
from

  cvs status ChangeLog | awk '/Working revision:/ { print $3 }'

to a variable such as $ZSH_PATCHLEVEL.  However, this needs careful
handling to make sure it doesn't get run where CVS isn't available.

> PS: Is is zsh, Zsh, ZSH, Z-Shell, z-shell or what? It may sound
> useless, but I care about that stuff and am never sure..

I tend to refer to it by the command name "zsh".  If you want an
expanded version it's less standard, but "Z shell" as in the manual or,
in titles such as that of the book "Z Shell", is probably good enough.