Re: Getting the CVS revision of Zsh

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> Richard Hartmann wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 12:58, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Arranging for this always to be updated in CVS on all commits is
> > > another job I would leave to someone else, but provided you "make"
> > > and re-commit it will work.
> >
> > I have literally no cvs-fu left. Would do it for svn or git, but with
> > cvs, I fear I
> > will have to call on the subscribers-at-large for someone to write
> > the script and to tell us how to hook it.
>
> I'd really prefer SVN or GIT as well. SVN should be relatively
> straightforward given that SF supports it. Even if my personal
> preference is GIT for several reasons.

I have no enthusiasm for tracking the trendiest source code management
system.  I've got enough real problems without inventing them.  CVS does
the fairly limited stuff we actually need for committing code and the
git mirror provides git junkies with access.

I'm not interested in hearing how great anyone's favourite system is,
either, I'm afraid.