Re: some way to inherit kill ring in su'd shell?

On Jan 11,  8:58pm, Greg Klanderman wrote:
}
} Is an enhancement something like this acceptable?
}
} +tindex(zle-line-finished)
} +item(tt(zle-line-finished))(
} +This is similar to tt(zle-line-init) but is executed every time the line
} +editor is finished reading a new line of input.
} +)

In concept this is OK (though there might be a better suffix than
"-finished", maybe even just "-finish") but I don't think your patch
follows through some possible ramifications.  For example, it might
be preferable to save/restore errflag and retflag so that the values
from the end of zlecore() are preserved, and it's possible that the
zle-line-finish widget should not run when errflag != 0.

I don't know all the ramifications of the values of various globals
at the end of zlecore().  PWS?

(This probably ought to get redirected to zsh-workers.)