Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
up-arrow no longer works right
- X-seq: zsh-users 13942
- From: TjL <luomat@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh Users List <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: up-arrow no longer works right
- Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:38:51 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=9TBOfj55dFLa87YMZ7Jj23V+U4/jnCQhKxyYuYm0yIA=; b=eRJutugVUv3lF5zrKqS2Ua7AGNL4uCjsa4AwX81ZCcCBcpsqfIHbX0+hjG4aTjnk1g TzRC2F7fSawMzRyLI0ouZ95vO1qicpeR6EcefYN7ufOJknw/rpRzPdHid7J2jc8cWTWk xUCwHdwCWK4unDHby8EVtioI0eNKEW95xfEDI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=LbZN3qTHwP+oGIE9BfW1rhK6LLfrbfmkLUn7f3I2EyopK/8Xhc165dxf+B1QqYpkD+ S2XXupEE9xiUcqo8NGtPI6cD8x/Y+jXo36Q3o6BBl45oqsmp9UmZIR6OCLgZdGpuTyyF nEz+wSlc4RwFSla/WDt9+BXBgYVDIt/fVgl04=
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I thought I had asked this already, but I don't see it anywhere, so
maybe I just imagined it.
I have Zsh setup so that if I start typing and then press the
up-arrow, it will go through the history and show me only those
history commands that match what I have already typed.
(I'm going to assume you all know what I'm talking about at this
point. If it's not clear, let me know).
The oddity is that sometimes (usually after exiting from ssh and/or
screen) zsh seems to "forget" that, and pressing the up-arrow will
just go back through my history line by line, ignoring what I have
Usually at that point I just exit the shell and open a new one, but
I'd really like to be able to kick-start my existing session if
possible (especially when I've ssh'd somewhere).
Any ideas what might cause this and (more importantly) what I can do to fix it?
Messages sorted by: