Expanding ~ in configure --prefix etc.

  Hihi.

  ./configure --prefix=~/foo<TAB> almost works well: completion is
done on ~/foo.  But that's what gets passed to configure: ~/foowhatever.
Some Autoconf-generated configure scripts like the prefix to be an
absolute pathname and to me having ~ in makefiles is a bit unclean.

  Presumably this can be fixed with ease, making the completion expand
~ appropriately.  I could even figure out how to do it but haven't yet
had the stamina for reading the completion docs.  Pointers?

  Thanks, all!

--
David Evans                                     David.Evans@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Associate                        http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~de239