loving zsh, crashing zsh...

Hello,

I was annoyed by the evaluation of an if in a script, went to play
with it in the command line, and found this cute segfault.

Â~ % echo $ZSH_VERSION
4.3.9
Â~ % if [[ -e /etc ]] { echo "\nNow I'll go back to the '/etc' in the
if,\nDelete the c in it, hit TAB for completion.\nThis will crash the
shell\n\n" }

Now I'll go back to the '/etc' in the if,
Delete the c in it, hit TAB for completion.
This will crash the shell

Â~ % if [[ -e /et ]] { echo "\nNow I'll go back to the '/etc' in the
if,\nDelete the c in it, hit TAB for completion.\nThis will crash the
shell\n\n" }
Warning: Program '/bin/zsh' crashed.

Some years ago I had found another way to crash Zsh and upon posting
it, someone answered back by saying something like "you're not
supposed to do that". Yeah right. Just watch me :-P

Cheers,
--
Francisco