Re: _expand completer and hashed dirs

Frank Terbeck wrote:
> Some time back I started using the _expand completer in my setup.
> And so far I like it.
>     % ls ~vim<tab>
>     - all expansions -
>     /home/hawk/.vim
>     - original -
>     ~vim
>
> I would much rather like to get 'ls ~vim/' out of it.

Mikael's interpretation might be the correct one, but I read this as
saying you don't want certain expansions.  If that's the case, there is
a certain amount of configuration, but you're going to have to be more
specific about what you want expanded or not.

There's no style specific to suppressing ~-expansions, though it's
probably not hard to add given that luckily the ~ is always at the
start.

You might simply want the subst-globs-only style, however.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited