Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: How to give command line??
- X-seq: zsh-users 14464
- From: Guido van Steen <gvsteen@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: How to give command line??
- Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 07:12:14 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1254924735; bh=35MKBqkbxtNOTU9yd4djLCP/f3kaK+Or94LHT+ZgDLs=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Ju8RAM0XHJsQLGPQaw7rrl6g4XvvHVhAs+W3avCyEclykBHElrIm0mg5SIhRmOVFw26aRJesSqIdD0ysxCu9y26IkmfQd3PqRtYbEkLeUw4aQuIv+vrEG6CTwmLCsWOWFZWMlNHp/1PcvR3mAZyewiyS1mlaD6MMl+RuAJTpTzY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=uWBsd/g+3lwHC2/Erb46guDJfYC9VrRe4/EjftQyUtCfShUQExA/HWsZ/8yb7/qbwNbJyPqSMC4lAxdkUzqLwIlJcvzfKL8jotLhSK2PGUIXdr3a3RGEIDRVwbNzvCXDfcZI4+DCkBcNSi9kkSZ5pyuMglXJfgit5ge+qLzK1WM=;
- In-reply-to: <200910060841.n968fiUF014733@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I have been playing around with the region_highlight parameter. However, so far I have only been able to highlight and/or color one region at a time. Is it possible to highlight and/or color mutiple non-overlapping regions simultaneously??
Thanks in advance!
Guido van Steen
--- On Tue, 6/10/09, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: How to give command line??
> To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tuesday, 6 October, 2009, 3:41 PM
> Edgar Merino wrote:
> > Hello, now that I saw this I've got a question kind of
> related to this:
> > can I apply color dinamically to some part of the cmd
> line based on the
> > current string typed?
> > For example, given this cmd line string "user@host
> ~/>% ssh
> > remote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
> is it possible to apply a, say, red color to the
> > substring "ssh" dinamically (after it's been typed)?
> Sort of, but currently (4.3.10) not very usefully.
> The zshzle manual
> gives a description of region_highlight that allows certain
> tricks of
> this sort, but at the moment you have to do a lot of work
> yourself with
> shell widgets to apply it. Also, highlighting doesn't
> move dynamically
> when the text is edited. Until someone has much more
> time to spend on
> this it's mostly useful for static effects (for example, as
> in the
> read-from-minibuffer widget).
> Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
> Software Engineer
> Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070
> Cambridge Silicon
> Radio Limited
> Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road,
> Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK
> Member of the CSR plc group of companies. CSR plc
> registered in England and Wales, registered number 4187346,
> registered office Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park,
> Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, United Kingdom
New Email names for you!
Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.
Hurry before someone else does!
Messages sorted by: