Re: unable to wait on completed job

> Note that AFAICT, even with the operation as supported by bash, you are
> only guaranteed access to the exit status of the most recently started
> asynchronous job;

FWIW, my testing seems to indicate that bash maintains the status of
completed jobs until wait'ed on.  I've tested two jobs, and regardless
of the order in which they complete relative to the order they were
started, and also the order wait'ed on, wait seems to give the right
exit status.  Running 'jobs' does not seem to clear the status of
completed jobs.

Greg