Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Force file completion when hitting TAB twice
- X-seq: zsh-users 14664
- From: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Force file completion when hitting TAB twice
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:51:10 +0000
- In-reply-to: <20091218130652.01236a7f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20091217175808.2e860888@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20091218104616.49dafffa@news01> <200912181121.nBIBLIf9005083@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20091218130652.01236a7f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"Yuri D'Elia" wrote:
> Very nice! But I still cannot complete with _files in some contextes.
> Just to let you understand: sometimes some completion widgets try to be
> smart and don't allow to complete all files. Mostly, these are bugs
> in the completion widget. I try to track down the problem usually, but
> it happened to me too many times in the past. I don't always have
> the time, I simply want to 'get on' and debug later.
> The 'git' completion is such and example of recurring headache.
> git status [TAB TAB] still doesn't offer me a list of files with this
> code (others, like ssh, do).
I suppose some of these aren't returning a status indicating they've
failed. You're right, of course, that if so it's a bug but it's also a
pain to track down (since most people wouldn't notice if they don't
expect anything else to be completed there). This sounds rather hard to
track down *completely* automatically.
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070 Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited
Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK
Member of the CSR plc group of companies. CSR plc registered in England and Wales, registered number 4187346, registered office Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, United Kingdom
Messages sorted by: