Re: Autocompletion doesn't work with kanji

On Dec 22,  3:35pm, Christoph Dittmann wrote:
} Subject: Re: Autocompletion doesn't work with kanji
}
} > current sources?
}
} Thanks for your answer. With the most recent cvs source (from an hour
} ago) the error still occurs, but only after adding 2 more lines to
} ~/.zshrc (which may be due to the Ubuntu package loading more modules by
} default):
} autoload -U compinit
} compinit
} zstyle -e ':completion:*' completer '
}     _last_try="$HISTNO$BUFFER$CURSOR"
}     reply=(_complete _match _ignored _prefix _files)'

What happens if you also put

    setopt multibyte

in that ~/.zshrc?

} I also noticed it only matters that $CURSOR is referenced there. I can
} change the line to:
}     _last_try="$CURSOR"
} and the problem remains.

Does it really matter if it's $CURSOR?  Or is any assignment enough?
E.g., _last_try=constant

} By the way, while compiling the cvs source I noticed that "yodl" is
} required for the documentation but ./configure doesn't seem to check
} this.

That's intentional.  Configure checks it but simply tweaks Makefile so
that the rest of the build won't fail.  The distribution version of zsh
supplies the doc pre-built in another package, and the developers don't
feel it's necessary to require binary repackagers to install yodl.