Re: what is the effect of a percentage sign (%) as last character on the command line

Is there a way to list the files that the shell has read on startup ?
It'd be really nice if you could at least have zsh tell you where it's
going to look for the global startup files..
Well, there's no built-in way, but there's this trick that works rather
well:

% strings =zsh | grep '^/.*zshenv'
/etc/zshenv

Regards, Frank

Well, er , nice approach (;-

Although its elegance is undeniable, it still doesn't tell me if one of the numerous potential other startup files got read ( zprofile, .zshenv, etc ) . Of course , I can check manually if they are there , but this is still errorprone because it is easy to forget one.

Peter