Re: Want to replace bash w zsh as system shell on Ubuntu

On Tuesday 02 February 2010 18:51:28 Frank Terbeck wrote:

> >   setopt extendedglob
>
> I think adding `nullbglob' here would make sense, too, so the glob below
> doesn't error out if it doesn't match anything.

Your right. I forgot to specify nullglob in this situation. It didn't test the
example probable. just ran some individual parts within my zsh session which
sets nullglob by default.

> > matches=("$HOME"/((.*|*)/)#*(#q^u${SUDO_UID}u${UID},^g${SUDO_GID}g${GID})
> >) [[ -n ${matches} ]] && chown $SUDO_UID:$SUDO_GID "${matches[@]}"
>
> (( ${#matches} > 0 )) && ...

[[ -n ${matches} ]] only needs to check if the array "matches" is not empty
(( ${#matches} > 0 )) needs to calculate the length of the array and compare
if the result is > 0. I think [[ -n ${matches} ]] will be more efficient.