Re: Shell options during completion?

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> "Benjamin R. Haskell" wrote:
> > Are completion functions called with some consistent set of shell
> > options?
>
> It's the set _comp_options you'll find in the compinit function.  Note
> this doesn't reset the options, it sets only the values given, so some
> options set by the user are passed through.  There may be more that
> shouldn't be (typically those affecting syntax); if you need some
> special behaviour for one function you can "setopt localoptions
> <that-option>".

Hmm.  Thanks, that's useful.

Then I guess my question is more PCRE-specific than I'd thought...  Is
PCRE "usually" available?  (For some "most distros"/"most OS'es"/"most
users" value of "usually")  Or should I just code up the 'fallback' path
in my other example (since I'd have to code it anyway for the the
doesn't-have-PCRE case)?

--
Best,
Ben