Re: Tab inserts spaces instead of complete by default

On Feb 21, 12:17pm, Sébastien Pierre wrote:
}
} So my question is: how can I configure zsh to always show possible
} completions, even when there is no character on the prompt ?

Zsh by default binds tab to the "expand-or-complete" widget, which
(also by default) has the behavior you described.

You can change this by changing the widget used for tab:

bindkey '^I' complete-word

However, that's still just using the relatively simple built-in set
of completions.  You probably want instead to enable the full set of
scripted completions by running the "compinstall" command, or by
manually editing your .zshrc to add the lines

    autoload -U compinit
    compinit