Re: zsh sometimes freezes when completing a command

On 2010-03-15 08:58:20 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> } I've run gdb on the current process. Here's the backtrace:
> }
> } (gdb) bt
> } #0  0x00007fe80de60b1f in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6
> } #1  0x00007fe80853811d in ldap_result () from /usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2
>
> So what's causing the "freeze" is that zsh is waiting for the LDAP
> server to time out.

It seems to never time out. I suspect a bug. This occurs from time to
time. After zsh has frozen, I can do the same completion from another
zsh instance on the same machine, and the completion is immediate.

I have:

zstyle ':completion:*:complete:-command-:*' tag-order 'commands builtins functions aliases suffix-aliases reserved-words jobs parameters' '*'

and the complete help says:

tags in context :completion::complete:-command-::
    commands executables builtins functions aliases suffix-aliases reserved-words jobs parameters  (_alternative _command_names _autocd (eval))
    commands                                                                                       (_path_commands _alternative _command_names _autocd (eval))
    jobs                                                                                           (_jobs _alternative _command_names _autocd (eval))
    parameters                                                                                     (_parameters _alternative _command_names _autocd (eval))
    named-directories                                                                              (_alternative _cd _autocd (eval))
    users named-directories directory-stack                                                        (_tilde _alternative _cd _autocd (eval))
    users                                                                                          (_users _tilde _alternative _cd _autocd (eval))

I wonder why zsh tries to complete on users.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>