bck-search in vicmd is not thinking vi-style

10:56 < glphvgacs> ft: hi, while user isearches in vicmd mode; is it
possible to hit some key (tab?) to run through the possible hits
(something like menu-completion)?
11:22 < glphvgacs> a key for reapeating bck-i-search that is not
emac-style i.e. '^r'
11:24 < Mikachu> you can bind keys in the isearch keymap
11:24 < Mikachu> if that helps
11:27 < glphvgacs> Mikachu: I have this bindkey -M vicmd 'f'
history-incremental-search-backward
11:27 < Mikachu> obviously you can't use f in isearch since i assume
you want to be able to type f
11:27 < glphvgacs> but that's just to start isearch
11:27 < Mikachu> but you could try bindkey -M isearch '^I'
history-incremental-search-backward
11:32 < glphvgacs>  vimperator guys have a nice feature to open a
location; user hits 'o' and starts typing then user gets a list of
possible completions and then (here is the good part) user can <tab>
through the results. i don't think i can search for <tab> in my search
history so having that key doing nothing during bck-search and then
introducing an extra key to hold (in the case of '^r' or as you
suggested '^I') seems redundant, i think
11:34 < glphvgacs> i mean then whole idea of going vicmd to me at
least to to get rid of that extra '^' in emacs, to thing vi as opposed
to emacs, right?
11:34 < Mikachu> ^I is tab
11:34 -!- bapt is now known as aigrbapt
11:34 < glphvgacs> nice
11:34 < Mikachu> it took me a while to realize that isn't immediately
obvious to everyone
11:36 < glphvgacs> so empty line + ^I brings up  bck-search
11:36 < glphvgacs> i was thinking I as in Increment
11:36 < glphvgacs> thnx
11:36 < Mikachu> after going into the searhc mode, pressing tab should
be the same as pressing ctrl-r again in emacs mode
11:37  * Mikachu disappears
11:37 < glphvgacs> yeah, not really
11:38 < glphvgacs> it doesn't do what i wanted but still a nice touch

Can someone help me figure this out? thnx.