Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: bck-search in vicmd is not thinking vi-style
- X-seq: zsh-users 14981
- From: Maryam <darwinskernel@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: bck-search in vicmd is not thinking vi-style
- Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:21:10 -0400
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:received:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=A9qpWrFI1YUzPBQeCu7tEPYUIPAw7uBrMaBeEvfkbLA=; b=WUoKrkr87LiBA+geHx9Km2y2ePjj9sib17ld6EKp5F38kb/sPLibA7t8CMEhhL/nCW 6QBOmn04g2jLc4d/Ldw6QI0KM0dvALYO5hCVOtQjHXzxbea9n/uUpB9aY/zNHw6FVGzo 5quoUoES8lXAn+erL0VmBSrKNLlNOVWTG0NdU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=SsIsoooppKnTHhXDJQW7tl6i7K68+eJLp4lBYb5/2yy28HQpZ/qfpVWWxvw6GKxq3P pRj6T2CeEwZESGoSDzT4BZ2uITNCEfsZbHqe+OEakqj74AuxY0RP6YHu/9EGDDjt2Pjw JTIPQ20byJZ39XNwv0amak4OwI/49s2ivsnko=
- In-reply-to: <100407094328.ZM13705@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <k2pa9a51b1a1004070855lc0d017b3n5599a7a5aeec60a4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <100407094328.ZM13705@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Bart Schaefer
> On Apr 7, 11:55am, Maryam wrote:
> } Can someone help me figure this out? thnx.
> Figure out which part? There's a whole conversation there ...
here is the question: if user starts a bck-search for a string that
has more that one incident in his history bck-search will put up the
last incident that that string was part of an issued command, now if
user wants to see more he hits '^r' and that causes the cycles
bck-search to cycle through the older incidents of that string in
the question is, is it possible to change the bound key, namely '^r',
to something else?
in emacs-style '^r' invokes the bck-search and also cycles through
older results. user can, at least in vicmd mode, change the bck-search
invoking key from '^r' to something else, say '^I', and that suggests
that one should be able to change the "cycling" boundkey as well.
menu-completion was just as extra feature request so that user would
see if there is any point in going through older hits.
Messages sorted by: