Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Weird completion behavior in middle of word
- X-seq: zsh-users 14996
- From: Khelben Blackstaff <eye.of.the.8eholder@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Weird completion behavior in middle of word
- Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 18:03:41 +0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:from:to:subject:date :user-agent:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :message-id; bh=VxO1rLr2K7Gej2ExbqJTXGSRrJVUbtpp0AqikXVvIjY=; b=jZAh8TCgqc54wMAPoJIGmvnRqY6QrUzIryo5YkB6pOyEsQPwZO1Wiv0PEG9z1DAuRH 0JDAI8tXwyxZ7UXAli7yPfOShXkvYP06Mid47Lh9LTOW1t0e3B7lHPbIbkWu9o0PSIzz YUR3c1JK9nv+AY+Ymi0jXA2tC24oe1DjuUPUQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=from:to:subject:date:user-agent:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:message-id; b=FT1Uy9iQ59SV09GCYHN6j7PZCIjxGkkTrxIQu6JtHUy7+cnFGl/c0S3BvftuW13HDx qYDTxGH5Sa59byIXEbzrj7puyzZwgXNOMmMvZg1aWp40UFUe5tNw7eOaXdjgxMHlVuou GZcIRD/OyMNn3Q77zEdguvL75M8XN1xwh2VWw=
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I have enabled complete_in_word because i use completion in middle of word
frequently. I noticed a behavior for some time but didn't ask here because
i don't know how to describe it correctly. Nevertheless i will try to.
When i try to complete in the middle of a word, sometimes the whole word
is deleted. It doesn't happen every time though. I have the impression that it
only happens when the pattern contains "../"
For example, consider the following:
% mv ../geo-old/* .
Lets say i want to change "geo-old" to "geo-new" then i will move the cursor
to "o", type "n" and then press tab. The normal behavior is to give me
"geo-newold" which happens correctly if there is no "../". In this case,
% mv ../geo-nold/* . (cursor is after the n)
if i press tab now the whole "geo-old/*" is erased and i get
% mv .. .
I have also captured it in video, but it is 40K so i don't know if it is
proper to attach it here.
My first guess was that i have something wrong in my configs, but i don't
have many stuff. The zsh version is 4.3.10
The relevant options in my config files are the following:
zstyle ':completion:*' use-compctl false
zstyle ':completion:*' group-name ''
zstyle ':completion:*' ignored-patterns '_*'
zstyle ':completion:*' completer _complete _prefix _files
Other statements are declarations of variables,aliases,etc.
Thank you for your time.
Messages sorted by: