Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Bug in _gnu_generic for "cp -a"?
- X-seq: zsh-users 15074
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Bug in _gnu_generic for "cp -a"?
- Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 23:14:23 -0700
- In-reply-to: <20100522024655.GA19291@xxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20100519125713.GA17396@xxxxxxxxx> <AANLkTilf4VJehRx3kf_XNUc4B8YO1EexzsZIaaclnFJ2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20100519173756.GA1456@xxxxxxxxx> <AANLkTika1EUAfmPwiTnKLv5IXofGH07sgFoRwZGQNXnL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20100522024655.GA19291@xxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Andy Spiegl <zsh.Andy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2010-05-20, 07:45, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Andy Spiegl <zsh.Andy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > On 2010-05-19, 08:30, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>> You said before that you have this completion problem only with the
>> -a option, but do you by chance also have it with the -d option,
>> which also has an "=" in the description?
> I tested and: YES
> Also with -p which also has an "=" in the help description.
> So I guess your assumption is very good!
OK, so the problem seems to be here:
# Ignore :descriptions at the ends of lopts for matching this;
# they aren't in the patterns.
I'm still not quite following this, but I think that stuff is supposed
to distinguish descriptions of options from descriptions of the
arguments those options accept. If that doesn't happen correctly, the
options having descriptions containing an "=" later reach this ...
# Descriptions with `=': mandatory argument.
# Basically the same as the foregoing.
# TODO: could they be combined?
if (( $#tmpo )); then
and in that block they get transformed from e.g -a:description: to
-a=[description] which is wrong.
Messages sorted by: