zsh cygpath problem in cygwin

Hello zsh users,

I have a very strange problem in cygwin. If I use cygpath normally in the zsh everything is fine. But if I assign a variable like JAVA_HOME then strange thinks happen. "k\b" disappears and stuff like that. The strange thing is, that this does not happen in bash under cygwin. It must somehow be related to the zsh. Do you have any ideas?

% JAVA_HOME="`cygpath -wl /cygdrive/d/Programme/Java/JavaEE61x32/jdk/bin`"
% echo $JAVA_HOME
D:\Programme\Java\JavaEE61x32\jdin
% cygpath -wl /cygdrive/d/Programme/Java/JavaEE61x32/jdk/bin/jboss-5.1.0.GA/bin
D:\Programme\Java\JavaEE61x32\jdk\bin