Re: Package auto-suggestion under Debian/Ubuntu ?

Julien Nicoulaud wrote:
> One small thing I like with Bash is that auto-suggests packages when you try
> to use an unknown command, like this:
>
>  $ eclipse
>
> The program 'eclipse' is currently not installed.  You can install it by
>> typing:
>
> sudo apt-get install eclipse-platform
>

> In Zsh, I just get:
>
> % eclipse
>
> zsh: command not found: eclipse

Ubuntu's global bashrc probably uses the command-not-found program
provided by the command-not-found package. It uses bash's
command_not_found_handle() function. See `/etc/bash.bashrc' for details.

Zsh has a similar facility, which is the command_not_found_handler()
function. See

    % man zshmisc | less -p "COMMAND EXECUTION"

for details.

Regards, Frank