Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Why don't we create default .zshrc config file
- X-seq: zsh-users 15248
- From: Volodya Khomchak <kolombo.inc@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Why don't we create default .zshrc config file
- Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 13:01:41 +0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=t6sFPgnW+DWHOo1AONfWeB6/VwfMGVYCfjHtN8DoiRw=; b=gkY4wmLGU2VLvr+GK/EkilCsTd0qN3WOTl81DrRhsbRUk40Ipm8MtmUpEyR7CsUjua xf7rKoCzBNKmQ+UOaTkU7HpXrlCznFwGd7SGTc0nh+sJkJZl0cmuwKCIW+01Rp24Zw0D DeFi8F3Dbj9ydzFMOkNZc+in9pZBFWhLEXDEA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=vmSDy1ym2A5FCSRidwcHxw6kR/t1+xvgu00Zh4ZQ0hfAki4uc53StgX0nGsRA3tw8X /yV2mSSR9wzDB/o6G+Ztj9NHI8geRJOdf8AayvJpJUjLP71PEFjRNILScQnukYkL3JLP r67TtJEOc6iIGAM6dg3an5huUAUrhPGnjB140=
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I'm very new in using zsh and the first problem that I faced was .zshrc file.
In net I was able to find a lot of .zshrc file that was created to
match any user's needs but the
problem is that I didn't understand what does that all settings do.
Also just copy/paste someone's configurations isn't good choice
because who knows
what is there :).
Therefore why don't we create and automatically install .zshrc file
that will match common user's
needs, and will provide base zsh functionality and features to show
how this is cool.
Also this is little bit important issue because a lot of people don't
use zsh only because they can't work out
with configuration. I read one article and user said that I would
rather use fish because it works well for box.
Please don't just ignore this email and explain why you haven't done it,
this will do zsh more popular and I hope it would replace bash, because
it is awesome !
Messages sorted by: