Completion and double quotes

Hi,

Currently my completion is somehow configured to transform double quoted paths
to backslash escaped paths.

Example:
  ls /path/to/"file with"<TAB> -> /path/to/file\ with\ spaces

I would like the completion not to touch the quotation. But I can't figure out
how to get zsh to do this. The completion should work like this.

Example:
  ls /path/to/"file with"<TAB> -> /path/to/"file with spaces"

I don't remember what completion options caused the current behavior but I
remember having zsh configured to not touch the quotes.