Installation compiling error in builtin.c, builtin.epro

Hi

I am trying to install Zsh 4.3.10 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 PPC and getting the following error when running "make":

========
gcc -c -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -O2 -o builtin.o builtin.c
In file included from zsh.mdh:34,
                 from builtin.c:33:
builtin.epro:57:1: error: unterminated argument list invoking macro "_"
In file included from zsh.mdh:34,
                 from builtin.c:33:
builtin.epro:11: error: syntax error before ‘_’
In file included from zsh.mdh:35,
                 from builtin.c:33:
compat.epro:5: error: syntax error before ‘extern’
In file included from zsh.mdh:61,
                 from builtin.c:33:
utils.epro:22: error: stray ‘@’ in program
utils.epro:22: error: syntax error before ‘{’ token
builtin.c:45: error: ‘bin_test’ undeclared here (not in a function)
.
.
make[2]: *** [builtin.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [modobjs] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 1
=========

The zsh configuration is automatically set to:

zsh configuration
-----------------
zsh version               : 4.3.10
host operating system     : powerpc-apple-darwin9.8.0
source code location      : .
compiler                  : gcc
preprocessor flags        :
executable compiler flags :  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -O2
module compiler flags     :  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -O2 -fno-common
executable linker flags   : -Wl,-x  -rdynamic
module linker flags : -Wl,-x -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress
library flags             : -lgdbm -liconv -ldl -ltermcap -lm  -lc
installation basename     : zsh
binary install path       : //bin
man page install path     : ${prefix}/share/man
info install path         : ${prefix}/share/info
functions install path    : ${prefix}/share/zsh/4.3.10/functions

It appears there is some syntax error in builtin.epro leading to unrecognized bin_*** functions. The same error occurs when trying to compile zsh 4.3.9. Currently I have zsh 4.3.4 running well on my Mac with of course those completion bugs.

Any help on how to fix this error would be appreciated.
Thanks