Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: zsh behavior change
- X-seq: zsh-users 15424
- From: Peter Stephenson <Peter.Stephenson@xxxxxxx>
- To: Peter Menzel <pmenzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: zsh behavior change
- Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:24:16 +0100
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTin7pUj9szBTSvNdmdtzOsfLirrhSvN9dqNGj58L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Cambridge Silicon Radio
- References: <AANLkTin7pUj9szBTSvNdmdtzOsfLirrhSvN9dqNGj58L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:00:20 +0200
Peter Menzel <pmenzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just upgraded my Ubuntu and noticed a change in behavior of zsh:
> When I type cd .. and then press tab after the second dot, in my old
> zsh (4.2.x) a slash would be appended and subsequent tabs would cycle
> through the following directories
> (which would be the "neighbor" directories of the current dir).
> However, now in the 4.3 zsh, after typing cd .. and then hitting tab,
> no slash is appended
> and I cannot cycle through the dirs anymore.
> I use the same configuration files, so it seems to be some change in
> zsh itself Anybody knows, how the get the old behavior back?
You are using the new completion system (with compinit), I suppose?
To get completion without having to type the slash after .., you need
zstyle ':completion:*' special-dirs ..
There was a confusion in some versions of the shell, sorry... it was always
the intention (and documented under the style) that you needed to set this
style, but at one point I broke it so that it always had the behaviour.
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070 Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited
Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK
Member of the CSR plc group of companies. CSR plc registered in England and Wales, registered number 4187346, registered office Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, United Kingdom
Messages sorted by: