Re: zsh behavior change

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:00:20 +0200
Peter Menzel <pmenzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just upgraded my Ubuntu and noticed a change in behavior of zsh:
> When I type cd .. and then press tab after the second dot, in my old
> zsh (4.2.x) a slash would be appended and subsequent tabs would cycle
> through the following directories
> (which would be the "neighbor" directories of the current dir).
> However, now in the 4.3 zsh, after typing cd .. and then hitting tab,
> no slash is appended
> and I cannot cycle through the dirs anymore.
> I use the same configuration files, so it seems to be some change in
> zsh itself Anybody knows, how the get the old behavior back?

You are using the new completion system (with compinit), I suppose?

To get completion without having to type the slash after .., you need

zstyle ':completion:*' special-dirs ..

There was a confusion in some versions of the shell, sorry... it was always
the intention (and documented under the style) that you needed to set this
style, but at one point I broke it so that it always had the behaviour.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited