scratchpad text

I want to on the commandline write some text to guide a task. Then I
can go like pushline with <esc>-q to move it away and work on my task.
Then to bring back the "scratchpad" for reading or editing, I go
<cntrl>-C.

But I could forget to pushline the scratchpad text again and
just <cntrl>-c it away.

Is there a way to make this "scratchpad"  unlosable, like possibly
writing it to the history or something even more weird and useful?

--
- Eric Smith