Re: scratchpad text

> > How about:
> >
> >     zle-line-init() {
> >       print -nR $terminfo[sc]$terminfo[home]"$REMINDER"$terminfo[rc]
> I tried to have a multi-line display (as you pre-empted).
> And using ^M as the newline car.
> But the second line actually overprints the first line.

Kill this question, it works great wrapping to more lines if you just
build a long string and use no newline chars.
I find the scratchpad stand out and more readable when I pad the
string thus:
print -nR $terminfo[sc]$terminfo[home]"| $REMINDER                         |"$terminfo[rc]

Getting greedy now:
May we have colours?

And a nice easy way to recall the scratchpad text to edit at will.

Thanks for this Bart, its great!

Eric