Re: Zsh completion question

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Benjamin R. Haskell <zsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010, Volodya Khomchak wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have very simple question about Zsh completion.
>> Situation is next, I have two commands:
>>   - moc
>>   - mocp
>>
>> When I entered `moc` and pressed <TAB> zsh doesn't propose me to select
>> `moc` or `mocp` command, instead of it space is added and now file list is
>> shown as completion variants.
>>
>> How can I fix it to set it in bash like mode ?
>
> I was able to reproduce this by setting the zstyle:
>
> zstyle ':completion:*' accept-exact true
>
> That style isn't 'true' by default.  If you set it intentionally, it sounds
> like you don't actually want it.  If something at the system level sets it
> up, you can override it by adding:
>
> zstyle ':completion:*' accept-exact false
>
> somewhere in your startup scripts (e.g. ~/.zshrc).
>
> You can test that it's currently set by looking at the output of:
>
> zstyle -L ':completion:*'
>
> --
> Best,
> Ben

Ben: sorry; I just sent this email only to you while it was intended
for the list. Here it goes again.

I get the same behaviour. I don't set
zstyle ':completion:*' accept-exact true
anywhere I'm aware of. In fact, zstyle -L ':completion:*' does not
show this setting. And, when I set it to false, behaviour changes, so
it was this option indeed.

Best,
Matías