Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: exit status problem
- X-seq: zsh-users 15633
- From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: exit status problem
- Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 13:24:57 +0100
- In-reply-to: <101206201638.ZM2809@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mail-followup-to: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20101203152438.GL1727@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20101203160916.42e78913@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20101204010313.GM1727@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <101204113617.ZM6156@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20101206112436.GN1727@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <101206082142.ZM2316@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20101206190912.GO1727@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <101206201638.ZM2809@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 2010-12-06 20:16:38 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Dec 6, 8:09pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> } 15:59:59 was the time the sleep process ended. When I resized the
> } window at 16:00:03, the prompt contents (as displayed) didn't change.
> So there's no screenshot of that?
I hadn't provided a screenshot before the resize because the contents
were the same (except the space between PS1 and RPS1).
> Because the first one ends at :59:59 with , and the next
> screenshot shows :00:03 with . In both the terminal has already
> been resized. For me, zsh does very consistently update the %* time
> in RPS1 while resizing --
Here it doesn't. Actually the %* time isn't changed for the *first*
resize, but it is updated for the consecutive ones. Strange.
I can reproduce this problem even with zsh 4.3.10-dev-2-cvs1114
(Debian's zsh-beta package) using "zsh-beta -f" then RPS1="%*".
> is the time in your prompt also coming from a psvar field?
> } When I hit [Enter] at 16:00:37, the old prompt was replaced by the
> } new prompt contents (hence "ypig:~>" changed to "ypig:~>" and
> } 15:59:59 changed to 16:00:03, which was the time of the resize).
> But in the second screenshot there's also a prompt where RPS1 says
> 16:00:37. Do you mean there were TWO prompts printed at :37, first
> the one that says :03 and then another below it that says :37 ?
Yes, when I hit [Enter], the following two things occurred:
1. the current prompt (shown in Screenshot 1) was *replaced* by
the one with 16:00:03;
2. a new prompt was printed (the one with 16:00:37).
I think that (1) should have been done at resize time. That would
also solve the problem mentioned above about %*.
> If that is indeed what you mean, then this is probably a terminal
> glitch -- zsh had already written the :03 prompt to the buffer, but
> the terminal didn't repaint until it got input.
Well, there are the same problems with GNOME Terminal. So, I think
that the bug is in zsh. Are you sure that zsh flushes its output?
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arénaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)
Messages sorted by: