Re: exit status problem

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:34:33 +0100
Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> zsh 4.3.10-test-3 still has this problem, which can be summarized
> as:
>
> 1. Execute "zsh -f".
> 2. Type RPS1="%*" and [Enter] (to have the time in the prompt).
> 3. Resize the window.
> -> If the width has changed, the right part of the prompt is
>    redisplayed at the correct place, but in any case, the time
>    displayed in the prompt is not updated, even though zsh has
>    updated it internally. This can be seen with:
> 4. Type [Enter].
> -> The time in the current prompt is updated to the time when the
>    window has been resized. This shows that the time in the prompt
>    was updated internally, but the effect couldn't be seen on the
>    terminal.
>    A new prompt is also output as expected.

Hmmm.... I've done exactly that and the time *is* updated at 3.

Obviously that doesn't mean there isn't a problem somewhere, but I'm
going to assume this will rumble on beyond 4.3.11.

Could be terminal specific in some way, but I got this both with urxvt
and xterm.  More likely system-specific and an fflush() is still
missing.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited