Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: filename completion with umlauts (again)
- X-seq: zsh-users 15694
- From: Peter Stephenson <Peter.Stephenson@xxxxxxx>
- To: <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: filename completion with umlauts (again)
- Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 09:44:19 +0000
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTik9unZtuPR-4CM2oKLRT9Soct-XFWmiEajQzbK9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Cambridge Silicon Radio
- References: <20110106232712.GA11387@xxxxxxxxx> <AANLkTik9unZtuPR-4CM2oKLRT9Soct-XFWmiEajQzbK9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 01:05:24 +0100
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7 January 2011 00:27, Andy Spiegl <zsh.Andy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi, back in 2003 (zsh 4.0.4) there was a completion bug with
> > filenames that have German umlauts in them.
> > ÂDate: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:29:23 -0500
> > ÂFrom: Andy Spiegl <zsh.Andy@xxxxxxxxx>
> > ÂTo: ZSH User List <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > ÂSubject: How to do filename completion with umlauts?
> > It was fixed in 4.0.6 but somehow came back now. ÂI can't tell
> > exactly when but probably when I switched from latin1 to utf-8
> > (LANG=de_DE.UTF-8).
> The answer is unfortunately very simple, matcher-list doesn't support
> multibyte encodings yet.
Yes, I'm afraid that's the last big reason why I haven't released the
multibyte-enabled shell as a stable version yet. However, it's a big
job in underdocumented code, so I'm not going to wait any more.
Possibly someone will have time and patience for it one day.
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070 Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited
Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK
Member of the CSR plc group of companies. CSR plc registered in England and Wales, registered number 4187346, registered office Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, United Kingdom
Messages sorted by: