Re: filename completion with umlauts (again)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 01:05:24 +0100
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7 January 2011 00:27, Andy Spiegl <zsh.Andy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi, back in 2003 (zsh 4.0.4) there was a completion bug with
> > filenames that have German umlauts in them.
> >
> > ÂDate: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:29:23 -0500
> > ÂFrom: Andy Spiegl <zsh.Andy@xxxxxxxxx>
> > ÂTo: ZSH User List <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > ÂSubject: How to do filename completion with umlauts?
> >
> > It was fixed in 4.0.6 but somehow came back now. ÂI can't tell
> > exactly when but probably when I switched from latin1 to utf-8
> > (LANG=de_DE.UTF-8).
>
> The answer is unfortunately very simple, matcher-list doesn't support
> multibyte encodings yet.

Yes, I'm afraid that's the last big reason why I haven't released the
multibyte-enabled shell as a stable version yet.  However, it's a big
job in underdocumented code, so I'm not going to wait any more.
Possibly someone will have time and patience for it one day.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited