Re: strange behavior

On 2010-11-16 04:10:23 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2010-11-15 09:24:38 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > On Nov 15,  5:32pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > }
> > } > ypig:~/wd> up
> > } > At revision 40202.
> > } > zsh: exit 141
> > } > ypig:~/wd[PIPE]>
> > }
> > } This has just happened again. This time, the machine hadn't been
> > } rebooted (but there has been a lot of disk activity before that).
> >
> > It appears to me that it must be the case that
> > 	svn "$@"
> > is exiting with status 141, rather than that the filter function is
> > killing its parent with a PIPE signal.
>
> I don't think this is possible as when svn receives a PIPE signal,
> it outputs "svn: Write error: Broken pipe" and exits with status 1.
> But I've added some code to check that status 141 is not possible.

While the problem described above was not rare, since I modified
the script in the following way (two months ago), I can no longer
see the problem.

-{ svn "$@"; st=$?; echo "svnwrapper:term" >&2 } 2>>(filter)
+{
+  svn "$@"
+  st=$?
+  [[ $st -eq 141 ]] && echo "Exit with status 141!" >&2
+  echo "svnwrapper:term" >&2
+} 2>>(filter)

So, either the problem has been fixed somewhere or it can no longer
be seen due to the change in my script. In the latter case, it is
probably a bug in zsh. I'm going to revert this change and see if
I can see the problem again...

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>