Re: Multiline prompts and vi editing mode

On Jun 1,  5:28pm, Michael Grubb wrote:
} Subject: Multiline prompts and vi editing mode
}
} I've also been tinkering with some of the features from oh-my-zsh,
} specifically some of the themes that feature multiline prompts. I have
} noticed however that when hitting Esc to go into command mode that I'm
} loosing the last line of output from the previous command.

This probably means that there's something in the prompt that should be
wrapped in %{ and %} but is not.  Or it may mean that there's a newline
wrapped in %{ and %} that should not be.  Zsh generally deals quite well
with multiline prompts.

} Also in ksh I can use Esc-\ to invoke command completion, though that
} doesn't seem to work with zsh, any tips on getting that configured
} would also be very much appreciated.

I suspect you want

bindkey -M viins '\e\\' complete-word

but I'm not certain because no ksh to which I have access behaves that
way, at least not by default.