Re: Solution for up-arrow not working properly on mac OS x

On Wednesday, August 17, 2011, TJ Luoma <luomat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just solved this problem and figured that I would document it here in
case others have the same issue (I tried googling for an answer and didn't
find what turned out to be the issue).

> When

(oops, accidentally hit send. Stupid fat fingers vs ipad)

When I type a few letters and then press the up arrow, it usually offers
previous history items which match the first letters I've typed.

That suddenly stopped working. Pressing the up arrow gave me previous
history items that did not match what I had typed.

Google suggested bindkeys or something which had mucked with the TTY
settings.

For me the answer was that the TERM setting in .zshenv didn't match the TERM
setting in iTerm (2).

When I set them to both be equal to each other, the up arrow started to work
again.

FYI in case someone else runs into the same issue.

TjL