Re: checking for file existence when I don't know the exact name

2011/10/24 Jérémie Roquet <arkanosis@xxxxxxxxx>

> From the man, section “conditional expressions” :
>
>  “File generation is not  performed on any form of argument to conditions.”

This isn't file _generation_, is it? Or am I not understanding zsh's terms?

TjL

ps -- thanks to the other responders as well. Glad to know I wasn't just
doing it wrong, but that it just doesn't work the way I thought. I guess I
still don't fully understand why / when to use [[ ]] instead of [ ]